http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Throwback Music: The Wild Bunch - Look of Love 

Photobucket


I just tweeted this but since I think I'm about to post a bunch of UK hip hop stuff in one of my regular raids of DJ Semtex's site, I figured I'd do a post on it too...

So for those not knowing, Wild Bunch is the proto-hip hop/soul sound crew from Bristol in the UK that later splintered into Soul II Soul and Massive Attack.

On the low you can trace the influence of what they were doing, directly and indirectly, all the way from Ron G and Kid Capri mixtapes through to what Puff was doing with Mary J Blige at the beginning of her career singing over hip hop beats and old school breaks. Do the knowledge....

Previously on The Kitchen: Soundclash: Wild Bunch Vs Soul II Soul - New Years Eve 1987

Labels: , , , ,


AddThis Social Bookmark Button