http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 11, 2008

Isaac Hayes: 1942-2008 



One of my all-time favorite albums is Isaac Hayes: Live at the Sahara Tahoe which my Dad played in the house many a Sunday when I was a kid growing up. This was the record which introduced to me to Hayes' music long before there was such a thing as hip hop to revitalize his work by introducing it to a new generation. One of the coolest memories I have was meeting the man himself and asking him to sign a CD copy of that album to give my Dad as a Christmas gift a few years back. I'm also happy I got off my ass and went to see him perform live at BB King's for the first time a few months back. Black Moses, R.I.P. - you will be missed....

Bonus:


Get DJ Wonder's Isaac Hayes Samples and Originals Tribute Mix from this morning's Shade 45 morning show. [Sharebee mp3 D/L link via DJ Wonder's blog]

Labels: ,


AddThis Social Bookmark Button