http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 25, 2008

2007 YEAR END WRAP-UP: Albums 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For those who even give a f*ck, if my singles list got you mad, I don't even wanna imagine what you'll think of my album list. I won't get into a lengthy dissertation  with my thoughts about the year in albums because really, who cares? But I will say this: I think 2007 was a GREAT year for hip hop albums and albums in general. Haters may disagree but f*ck 'em, they just weren't listening and to be honest, it wasn't that hard to find good albums in hip hop no matter what your tastes. To wit (in alphabetical order though 'cos, even though I had most of my picks in rough order of how much I liked them, I really couldn't decide on a most favorite album to top the list):

- Common - Finding Forever
- Consequence - Don't Quit Your Day Job
- Interpol - Our Love to Admire
- Jay-Z - American Gangster
- Kenna - Make Sure They See My Face
- Alicia Keys - As I Am
- Talib Kweli - Eardrum
- LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
- Lupe Fiasco - Lupe Fiasco's The Cool
- Chrisette Michelle - I Am
- Pharaoh Monch - Desire
- Plies - The Real Testament
- Radiohead - In Rainbows
- Sa-Ra - The Hollywood Recordings
- Turf Talk - West Coast Vaccine
- UGK - Underground Kingz
- Kanye West - Graduation
- Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

Honorable Mentions: Playaz Circle, Soulja Boy, Ticklah, Hurricane Chris and, Rich Boy.

Biggest disappointment: Cassidy - B.A.R.S. - this was a tough one for me: I LOVED his last album but this actually thoughtful and deeply personal album was pretty much a total miss for me.

Sorry I missed the Ghostface, Scarface, Beanie Sigel and Freeway albums cos there's a strong chance that at least some of those albums would have probably been on this list too if I'd heard them.

Flame away....

Previously on The Kitchen

2007 YEAR END WRAP-UP: Singles here.

2006 YEAR END WRAP-UP: Albums here.

Labels:


AddThis Social Bookmark Button