http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 25, 2008

2007 YEAR END WRAP-UP: Singles 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

S'funny. I was looking at my favorite singles of 2006 list and got confused when I saw T.I.'s "What You Know" at #1. I thought I must have missed a year of doing this or something because it felt like that song had come out years ago now! Well I checked my King album and lo and behold, that was only a year ago after all. How time flies, huh? Anyway, like we always do around this time in these parts, not necessarily the best, best-selling or most-acclaimed songs, just a list my favorite singles from the past year:

- Seal - "Amazing"
- UGK feat. Outkast - "International Player's Anthem (I Chooose You)"
- Rihanna - "Umbrella"
- Kanye West - "Stronger"
- Kenna - "Say Goodbye to Love"
- Lil Mama - "Lip Gloss"
- Nu World Hustle - "Fresh"
- Crime Mob - "Rock Yo Hips" [I also really liked that "Circles" single too!]
- Mark Ronson feat. Daniel Merriweather - "Stop Me"
- Swizz Beats - "It's Me, Bitches"
- The Fixxers - "Can U Werk Wit Dat"
- Keyshia Cole feat. Missy Elliott & Lil' Kim
- "Let It Go"
- DJ Khaled - "We Takin' Over"
- Camp Lo - "Black Hollywood"
- Kia Shine - "So Krispy"
- Fantasia feat. Big Boi -"Hood Boy"
- Tum Tum - "Caprice Muzik"
- Collie Budz - "Come Around"
- Plies feat. T.I. "In Love with my $" [I know "Shawty" was really the 'record' and I liked that too but I just really dug this buzz 'street single' a LOT - why wasn't this on the album??]
- Stephen Marley feat. Damien Jr. Gong Marley - "Traffic Jam"

No disrespect to "Crank Dat," "A Bay Bay," "Wipe Me Down," "I Got Money," "Party Like  A Rock Star" and a bunch of other big singles from this year that I actually liked too for not putting them on the list, but the joints above are the ones that I really dug personally.

Previously on The Kitchen:

Click here for the 2006 YEAR END WRAP-UP: Singles post (links to the 2003-2005 lists there too).

Labels:


AddThis Social Bookmark Button