Monday, September 14, 2009
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day Album Sampler
Rae Jay Day last week was major, no doubt and we'll get the final sales results on Wednesday (there's no question Hov is coming in #1 - the only questions outstanding are: with how many sales and how well long-awaited OB4CL2 will do?) As September 15 approached though it became apparent that there were gonna be a bunch of notable hip hop albums coming out tomorrow too, so while its unlikely to be the sales extravaganza a new Jay-Z album promises, I thought it might be interesting to make some predictions on the order tomorrow's releases would come in on the chart (not exact chart positions though 'cos I just don't have enough info to hazard any kind of reasonable or accurate guesses on that) and with how many units sold.
Here's how I see it going down:
1. Drake - So Far Gone: 45,000 (I think I'm wildy overestimating on this one but thought I'd errr on side of throwing caution to the wind. Would be happy to be under on this though, real talk!)
2. Lil Boosie - SuperBad: The Return of Boosie Bad Azz: 35,000
3. Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day: 30,000
4. Q- tip - Kamaal the Abstract: 18,000
5. M.O.P. - Foundation: 16,000
6. KRS-One & Buckshot - Surivival Skills: 12,000
7. N.O.R.E. - S.O.R.E.: 2,500
I did this without cribbing from Hits or reading any other industry trade info or talking to any of my peoples in the industry so these are pretty much blind predictions that could be wildly off on the high or low side. How'd I do though, all that being said? Agree? Or not? Feel free to make your own predictions in the comments section below.