http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Biggie's Daughter Reviews the Notorious Movie 



Tyanna Wallace is no Pauline Kael but this is still cute - she's really sharing random thoughts, rather than reviewing it per se. I respect the Chris Brown posters in the background though!

My thoughts on Notorious? I actually ended up kind of liking the movie - frankly, the trailers didn't really do it justice which is kind of rare nowadays. There were parts where I thought I was watching BIG for real and other parts not so much. Derek Luke as Puff and the dude playing Cease were kind of semi to me too but everyone else was for the most part pretty good although Angela Bassett's in-and-out Jafakin' accent was kind of off-putting. The biggest flaw in the movie to me though was that, if you didn't know BIG or his story, the movie didn't really do a great job of explaining why BIG had such a huge impact on hip hop or why he's considered one of the greatest rappers of all time. Or maybe that's just me?

Labels: , , ,


AddThis Social Bookmark Button