http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Seal - "Amazing (Thin White Duke remix) (audio) 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Before I get into it (n/h): pause, no homo, no Foley, no Ted Haggard, no Larry Craig and no Ahmadinejad on this post just in case:

Seal - "Amazing (Thin White Duke Main Mix)" [audio: YSI mp3 link | zshare stream/download via Discobelle]

I have a few crates of house music and other assorted electronica & dance music subgenres on wax in my apartment but in general I've never messed much with music in the euro-trancey vein. But f-ck me if Seal and Stuart Price (fka Jacques Lu Cont of Les Rythmes Digitales) haven't gone and made what might be the song of the year for me and created a masterpiece that marks a TOTAL return to form for Seal.

Seal is a dude who I'd written off years ago as having lost it somewhere between the legs of his supermodel wife Heidi Klum (which is not a bad way to go if you're gonna fall the f-ck off, frankly). Seriously though, I might have played this about 20 times in a row last night and there aren't too many hip hop records I'm doing that for right now, believe me! Best song he's done since "Killer" (and "Crazy" and "Kiss from a Rose" were no joke either so that's really saying something...). Super no-homo on the fact that this track sounds vaguely like Bronski Beat's "Runaway Boy" too but props for creating a song that, for once, truly lives up to its title....

UPDATE: thanks, Giant Step for a copy of the full album, System which I just got from my PO Box this morning. It's actually pretty good overall. Definitely recommended - especially for you estranged Seal fans who stopped checking for his sh-t years ago like me.

(h/t on the remix: Julian of Grindin')

Labels: , , , ,


AddThis Social Bookmark Button