http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 20, 2007

Drama Tells All in Ozone? 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

From an e-blast I just received:

"Months after the RIAA raid of the Aphilliates Music Group’s office, DJ Drama finally breaks his silence in an exclusive interview with OZONE Magazine. In the May Five Year Anniversary issue of OZONE (in stores May 1st), Drama gives a detailed description of the RIAA raid, saying, “I was getting into my car and heard the sirens and the undercover Tahoe pulled up on the curb. First thing I saw…about five police [officers] jumped out. Cobra unit outfits on, M16s drawn, and they were headed directly for us."

In addition to discussing the raid, Drama talks about the future of mixtapes, his forthcoming Gangsta Grillz: The Album, and the realization that came after his arrest. “I spent 24 hours in jail, and it was a long 24 hours... But it showed the amount of support we have,” Drama said. “I got out and saw ‘Free Drama and Cannon’ campaigns... I wasn’t even in jail for a night and a movement had started. I realized that it was bigger than me. It was bigger than Cannon. What happened to us represented a bigger struggle.”"

Shout to JB!

Online:
Website | MySpace

Labels: , , , , ,


AddThis Social Bookmark Button