http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 01, 2006

From the Singers' Room.... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Any excuse to post another pic of Amerie!

After running through the great Singers' Room showcase Wednesday night at Crash Mansion, I felt like I had to go R&B for a minute at the Kitchen. If you missed it, you f-cked up. Peace to Gary and Adeniyi, two young cats making major moves in the music game right now who founded the Singers' Room. And shout to my peoples Ryan, Roni, Copa, K-woot, Omar and Roberto who were all in the building too.

Raheem DeVaughn
"Promise (freestyle)" [MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download] - dude is so super-dope but still slept on. He was in the audience last night as well. This is his freestyle over the Ciara monster "Promise" ballad. Check for more sick freestyles including one over Hov's "Lost Ones" beat on his MySpace page.

More: Raheem's two official websites | My Space | Buy The Love Experience

Speaking of which....

Ciara feat. 50 cent "Can't Leave 'Em Alone" (incorrectly titled "Dope Boys" at Discobelle) - I told y'all a long time ago that baby girl was crazy. Her new album Ciara: The Evolution, with bonus DVD to teach your little sister how to move like Ciara, drops this Tuesday and it's banoodles, trust!

More:
Ecard | Bonus album DVD Preview | Ciara in Giant mag | official website My Space | Buy Ciara: The Evolution

Amerie "Take Control (remix)" [MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download] - this is cool but I think I like the original from that hot-ass mixtape she dropped a few weeks back better.

More: Website | My Space | Buy albums by Amerie

Emily King "U & I" [MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download] - one of the featured artists Wednesday night at the Singers' Room. I've mentioned her before but, after seeing her live, I like her even more. I dig her vibe - she's like a female boho John Legend (or something).

More: Website | My Space

Musiq Soulchild "Buddy" [MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download] - word to De La Soul on this one. I f-cks with Musiq even though he's as slept on in many ways as Raheem.

More:
Website | My Space | Buy albums by Musiq & De La Soul's 3 Feet High & Rising (featuring the original "Buddy")

AddThis Social Bookmark Button