http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 26, 2006

"This is not a dis song, it's just a real song...." 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Trust me, he'll be getting more airtime between now and Nov 21, love him or hate him

For real, F-CK Blogger! Their sh-t was down all night meaning I had to stay up late to do this post and end up being the last cat posting...

Jay-Z feat. Erykah Badu (I think) "Lost Ones" - I know I've been love-hating on this new Hov ish but seriously, all the stuff that's leaked so far has been cool and I actually like this track and have had it on repeat all night, but are y'all really excited about Kingdom Come??

I know cats are coming through and swiping the joints I've been posting but I'm not seeing a lot of commenting or genuine excitement for Sean Carter's Second Coming. S'cool. I'm playing the back rocking my new Birdman/Weezy rip on the ipod and, no joke, the Jibbs album. It's pop-rap perfection. BTW: is he talking about breaking up with Beyonce on this joint? (alternate link: Zshare stream/download - jacked from Spine)

New Clipse feat. Pharrell & Rosco P. Coldchain "Chinese New Year" here - are people still excited about the upcoming and long-awaited Hell Hath No Fury album too?? It's the only 5mic/XXL rated album this year (right?) but outside of the core Clipse fanboys, it's feeling real quiet out there. On 11/28 we'll know for sure though.

Download a fiya Amerie mixtape here. (courtesy LoveAmerie.com spotted via The Fader)

Before there was The Roots - the Swift Chancellor on Stetsasonic, the "original hip hop band."

And not to go all Robbie Unkut on y'all but I'm gonna keep it old school for a minute:

- On Halloween: The Bodega's 5th Annual CMJ Showcase w/ Prince Paul and the Ill Out Crew featuring performances and guest apperances from Stetsasonic, CL Smooth, A.G. (of Showbiz & A.G. and D.I.T.C.), the Juggaknots and more. Click here for more details.

- Speaking of D.I.T.C.: a new Lord Finesse rarities album.

- And also mentioned in that last link: A.G.'s new Get Dirty Radio album. Here's the first single: "Frozen" (produced by Madlib).

- Chris "Play" Martin of Kid 'n' Play now teaches a history of hip hop college course - whoa!

And finally, Idolator on freestyle icon Debbie Deb (who I've mentioned before recently) here and on the new Black Sheep here.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button