http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Weekend Bits N Pieces 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Nas feat. Jay-Z "Black Republicans" - F-CKING EPIC, peoples. Even through the sh-tty-ass radio rips I have linked to here you can tell this track is a beast and as good as your expectations were hoping it would be. Someone get me a CD quality mp3 on this stat! BTW: this was not played at the listening party on Thursday (or was it and I just misssed that part?).

Jacked from Spine:

- The Game "I'm Chillin'" (prod. Cool N Dre) - UK-only bonus joint from the Doctor's Advocate. Even Game's cast-off's are pretty solid. Show this dude some respect! (Spine's bandwidth too: Right-Click and Save As that mp3 link please, thanks. | more on the web: website | MySpace | Buy)

- Beat Street Record shop, R.I.P. - my fellow BK representers: stand up and pour out a little liquor in rememberance and respect. Do you know how many records I bought in this place over the years?? This means more to me than the closing of Tower records and is the end of an era for an institution of not only BK but NYC & hip hop in general! Peace and good luck to DJ's June, Finesse, Goldfinger and everyone else I ever dealt with over there. Good luck and keep your heads up.

Download the Dj Drama and Young Jeezy - I Am The Street Dream mixtape courtesy of Get Right Music.

Noe - the new (?) Dipset/Byrdgang affiliate who sounds (to me at least) like a Reasonable Doubt era Jay-Z on the final track, "Concrete Jungle" from Jim Jones' album.

Chrisette Michele - homegirl from Jay-Z's "Lost Ones" (not Erykah Badu after all like I thought) and Nas' upcoming Nat King Cole-sampling "Can't Forget About You" on Hip Hop is Dead. This chick just might make people forget about Lauryn on the soul tip if she comes with the right record when its her time. (more: Chrisette live at Crash Mansion in NYC next week Emily King, Johnta Austin and others. I might f-ck with this show for real....)

And to end: Ben Folds "B-tches Ain't Sh-t" - great (or at least funny) cover of the Dre & Snoop G-funk classic from The Chronic. Props to Stereogum.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button