http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 12, 2006

When I Hear Music, It Makes Me... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The genius of Debbie Deb finally recognized?

This is more Lemon Red or Catchdubs' steez but I heard this joint on the Baka Boyz mixshow (it's also on their new mixtape) while in Boston this weekend seeing the CBM graduate from college (alongside muh'f-ckin' Rivers Cuomo who, it turns out, has been living in her dorm like a regular student the whole time!!). Even though it's kind of cheesy, I gotta admit it still kinda stood out and grabbed me: Marcy Malone "Jump In, Jump Out." More, not as impressive, cuts on her MySpace page.

Janet Jackson "Weekends" - I prefer the Debbie Deb original but I'm happy any time freestyle (or Latin hip hop or as us old folks used to call it) gets some shine. Shout to Joey Gardner and TKA.

And more vaguely old school and 80's-related ish: a link to the Bambaataa "Looking for the Perfect Beat" VISA ad here. (via Dino @ Chroma)

Too $hort - Born and Raised (Blow the Whistle, the album - coming soon).

Moving on from the old school fixation though: what's going to take out hip-hop?

I put you up on the Crunk clothing line, now it's time for Hyphy Wear. (related: Hyphy promotes a "culture of death"?? spotted via Danyel)

Rhymes and Beats.

But 'cos I don't put enough rock sh-t up like I used to: Bloc Party "Banquet (remix)" (via Dork)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button