http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 25, 2006

Show Me You Love It.... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pete Rock: the essence of pure hip hop....

Young Jeezy "I Love It" - this is actually not bad but how do these Discobelle dudes in Sweden get these joints before we do here in America?! (note: I know this track is on a bunch of sites now but I saw it on theirs first.)

Shout to the 9th Chocolate Boy Wunda, Pete Rock for the "914" track featuring Styles P and Sheek Louch from his forthcoming NY's Finest album. Only Pete can flip well-worn staple breaks like Skull Snaps and "UFO" and still make them sound fresh.

Janet Jackson "Show Me" - I'm feeling this track too but I'm still not copping her new album. I have never enjoyed a Janet Jackson album all the way through and that includes Control!

And in case you missed it: Beyonce's "Creole" - the bonus track from the international version of her B-day album. My view? I like it OK but Amerie called and she still wants her style back.

Meanwhile, check out new Maxwell from his long-awaited album dropping next year on his MySpace page right now.

Yung Onyx - the return of the Mad Face invasion (!?). The world was waiting for this??

O-Dub's Soul Sights - his new video blog for all things visual and funky.

Speaking of which: win a limited edition Miles Davis iPod Shuffle by clicking here! (related: I'm loving the new itunes software upgrade, especially the gapless play function but while it works fine on my laptop, I'm still getting gaps when I play mixtapes on my ipod even after I re-synced up everything. Somebody help?)

Solepedia - wikipedia for sneakers?

Finally, for this Wednesday (9/27): info on a "Chicken Noodle Soup" (album release?) party with DJ Webstar, Young B and DJ SNS here. (related: 60 seconds with DJ Webstar & Young B)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button