http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bringing Sexy Back 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The news is bonkers right now but I'm gonna have to save talking about that until the weekend so in the meantime:

The Pack x Jay-Z "Vancore" - an "Encore"-meets-"Vans" mash-up. Fun for a couple minutes I guess. (clean | dirty)

Natasha feat. Clipse "So Sick" - the title says it all. I told y'all.

More music? Check Rizoh, Eskay, XXL and 730 'n them for the latest mp3's and audio streams.

#14 on the Billboard 200, #6 on the Rap chart and #7 on the R&B chart. It's no Beyonce but I ain't mad at those 1st week stats for Too Short's Blow the Whistle. Go get it: it's IN STORES NOW.

Speaking of Beyonce, her B-day album is kind of a mess with some hot tracks ("Kitty Kat", "Sugar Mama") here & there and sounds like the rush job it's been reported as being. I'll say this though: the album has more of a hip hop feel than most rap albums coming out nowadays but Amerie should sue B for jackin' her style wholesale on a couple of tracks. One of them ("Green Light") sounds almost exactly like "1 Thing" melody-wise. (related: Beyonce = biter (scroll down)?)

On the other hand, I can't front: Justin Timberlake's album is incredible. He's really on some 2008 pop ish (via a healthy dose of 2004 Metro Area vibes). I hear it's leaked so I'm sure you can find a copy somewhere online being provided by someone way more unscrupulous than me but don't get it f-cked up: you need to buy a copy of this joint. Album of the year contender for real.

I'm watching Inside Man right now. Good film so far, great soundtrack.

Lil Scrappy "Money in the Bank" - the game (also my current ringtone for those who care).

Make your own virtual cassette with the Cassette Generator. (via Boing Boing)

Yet another ghetto wedding.

A while ago when I first purchased my ipod I bitched about how you couldn't transfer music from your ipod to additional comupters. Senuti (geddit?) fixes that. Check it out (note: for Macs only).

The filmminute finalists have been shortlisted. Go vote now. (And shout to my man, Sabaa)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button