http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 10, 2006

"I see this album in the tradition of Reasonable Doubt and Ready To Die...." 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Rick Ross & DJ Shadow: Hip hop is real shady in 2006

Rick Ross Port of Miami - hip hop album of the year or "in the tradition of Reasonable Doubt and Ready To Die"? Nah homie, more like Thug Motivation 201 to my ears but who knows, maybe I'll come around. It's happened before.

Jim Jones "We Fly High" - this has been killin' 'em in NYC for a few weeks now.

Cassie live on BET doing "Me & U" with Yung Joc - yikes! That's all I can say. And after I bigged up her producer Ryan Leslie the other day.

Young Flo feat. Carmen Sandiego "Hood" - I don't put much unsigned stuff up on the site but I figured I'd throw this up and see what folks thought. Is Flo jocking that Yung Joc sound?

Snoop Dogg feat. E-40, MC Eiht, Daz & Kurupt "Candy" - so (so) gangsta. The West is back? I dunno but this record is banoodles to me.

Some joints from the new DJ Shadow album The Outsider: "Enuff" feat. Q-tip & Lateef | "You Made It" Feat. Chris James - Shadow does a Coldplay?!

Too $hort "Blow the Whistle" video parody - why is $hort Yung Joc huge in 1/2 the country engendering stuff like this but virtually invisible in the other??

I shouldn't give a f-ck but hey, Pitchfork loves The Pack's "Vans"!!

Long white tee shirt rap.

New Brazilian Girls via BigStereo.

Natasha "Hey Hey Hey" and "So Sick (feat. Clipse)" - coming soon. Don't say I didn't warn you. HUGE in 2006-2007....

And TONIGHT Dork present THINK 2WICE at Fat Baby with DJ Akalepse & DJ Myles.

Reasonable Doubt and Ready To Die...."" title="Bookmark using any bookmark manager!" target="_blank">AddThis Social Bookmark Button