http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 06, 2005

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life.... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks to everyone who came out to Tap Bar last night. My opening set was little unfocused as I tried to get into a groove (although, LOL, apparently a bunch a folks who came out to see Prince Paul but didn't know what he looked like thought I was him which, I guess, meant that I couldn't have been doing that badly). After Paul dropped a set of club banging anthems and crowd favorites though, I jumped back on real inspired and dropped a far tighter set with everything from Mobb Deep, Mad Skillz and (obscure post Bad Boy) Craig Mack to Jill Scott, Lauryn Hill and Amerie (not "1 Thing" though) ending with my new single by Mos Def.

Props to Bathgate and Malik & Jessie at Capital Gang and Studio for the promos and to Funkdigi and Taj & James for biggin' up the event and my appearance (and for coming though too). BTW: "Catch the Beat" featuring Remy Martin and Shells spittin over Kanye's "Get Em High" from Bath's The Kid Stays in the Picture is RIDONKOLOUS. If those two never convinced you that they could spit before, this track will dissuade you of that notion immediately. My man Bath sounds good here but I gotta admit those two KILL IT and kind of get the better of him. (related: Prefix covers "The Good Foot" on their blog)

More DJ happenings:

Mark Ronson at Roxy's do Monday night. - I ain't seen this kid spin in a minute so I think I'ma run through this.

And I'm off to Boston again later today so might try to rep at Catchdubs' jumpoff tonight.

But for those who remain here in NYC, James & Taj are doing it up TONIGHT at Low Bar. Wish I could be there, fellas.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button