http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Prince Paul spins with DJ I-Queue TOMORROW 



Please believe I've been talking up the fact that I'm DJ-ing with the legendary producer Prince Paul tomorrow night. I've been pulling together a lot of treats for my set. If you were into the kind of hip hop that was spun on the Stretch & Bobbito show from like '92-'95, you need to come through 'cos that's the flava I'm planning on coming with tomorrow night. Lots of classic, underrated or forgotten undeRground hip hop mixed in with a few crowd pleasers and some R&B that rarely gets into radio rotation between repeat spins of Beyonce and R Kelly.

The details are pretty much spelled out above but let me stress a couple points and add a couple more:

- It's FREE!

- They'll be giveaways of Bathgate's The Kid Stays in the Picture mixtape and of sampler CD's from Studio Distribution featuring music by The Dix, Zion -I, Foreign Exchange, Masta Ace, Da Beatminerz, Prince Paul and Pete Rock.

- Bathgate will also be in the house for those who wanna meet him, set up interviews, get drops, get photos, find out how to get copies of his lengendary, unreleased album for Virgin records Dear Rich America... My Story to You album or whatever.

- DJ Suga Ray from the Scratch Academy is also spinning

- You're seeing Prince Paul DJ for FREE!

And if you're even thinking of sleeping on this edition of The Good Foot, even The Fader and Spine mag are co-signing this (and I'm not even mad that they didn't mention DJ I-Queue).

But lest I get too gassed from doing this gig: "Look, nobody cares that you're a DJ."

To celebrate though, the first three correct answers emailed to me with either the name of the new Beatminerz album or the Medina Green mixtape album that my new Supreme Clientele single is from will receive copies of this excellent sampler CD.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button