http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Be thankful.... 



Jenny F put me up on this Tribute to Bad Brains show TONIGHT. Not sure if I'll make it myself though yet.

I love hip hop and I love the disco-funk production crew DFA but why am I not really loving the DFA-produced live hip hop of Automato? Decide for yourself though: Automato ecard | "The Let Go (Alternate Mix)"

ODB produced by Premo (BdotC via 1115.org)

50 & Dre's "Disco Inferno" (via hiphopgame.com)

New Bathgate freestyle (also via hiphopgame.com)

Paul Mooney at the Schomburg Dec. 4 - go see the man who's the bridge between the classic black comedy of Red Foxx and Richard Pryor and the new school cats like Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock.

Made Men running the government - in Canada?! (CBC News | Related: the orginal Daily News story)

O-Dub goes in depth about the race angle fueling media coverage on Asian-American MC Jin. If I was Jin I'd keep playing that card because his big-budget but so-so album wouldn't be getting a look-in otherwise. (New York Times)

Hey, I'm listening to K-Rock right now after the end of Howard - does the track on A Perfect Circle's cover of "Imagine" sound like a slowed-down version of The Game's "Higher" to anyone else besides me?

Smith & Mighty Retrospective - I mentioned spinning some joints from this crew at Taj's party last week. For those not familiar with these cats, they were the architects of the Bristol "trip hop" sound popularized by Portishead and Massive Attack as well as the people pretty much responsible for creating or influencing the blueprint for most British urban music from drum n bass and the ragga-rave sound of Shut Up & Dance to the street soul of Soul II Soul. This album is recommended for the sublime covers of "Wishing on a Star" and "Walk on By" alone even though it's missing at least one key cut ("Anyone").

Another car I lust after and will likely never afford in my life. (New York Times)

Happy Holidays - back next week (unless I catch some good links that need to be posted straight away). In the meantime, let me leave you with some dinner alternatives (some of which I mentioned last year) for the big day tomorrow:

Tofurkey | The Jones Soda Holiday Pack! | Turducken

AddThis Social Bookmark Button