http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Slam Bush NYC TONIGHT 

A while back I recommended an Argentinian heist con game flick called Nine Queens. Well now it's been remade for the US market as Criminal. No idea if it's still as good (the track record of these Hollywod-remakes is generally not good although, anyone who disagrees, hit me in the comments section with any remakes that bettered their foreign predecessors).

One thing I do know though is that hiring Jessica Alba to play Sue Storm and the modernization of the uniforms based on the picture in this article is not a good sign for the movie verison of The Fantastic Four scheduled for next Summer. I think they should have stuck with a more 60's/modernist-inspired aesthetic for the movie like in the comic, but that's just me. (USA Today)

I'm feeling these Dunk Euro Low's (SC Edition) in white/navy/red.

Look out for an upcoming special by D.L. Hughley on Comedy Central. I went to the taping Monday night and that ish was mad funny.

De La Soul & Common - Days of Our Lives (via hiphopgame.com)

Good luck to my man K-os as his new album Joyful Rebellion drops this week. Turns out we lived about a couple streets apart and went to the same junior high school (albeit four years apart). Flemo' represent.
K-os - The Love Song
• Real Player: High | Low
• Windows Media: High | Low (via ballerstatus.net)
And whattup to my man Premo who I bumped into at the Alchemist release party last night at SOB's.

But tonight:

I expect to see any of you who care about where this country will be going for the next four years at the Slam Bush fundraiser at Sugar Bar in Tribeca. Little ballers welcome too, don't let the suggested donation amounts scare you, every little bit counts.

And afterwards come down to Fuelray for a bonus night. I'm only gonna spin for an hour or so (I love to DJ but four nights in a row at the spot is a little much even for me). Not sure how I'm gonna flip it but, if I can pull it together in time, expect lots of joints from the Sugarhill, Profile, Enjoy, Sleeping Bag, Cold Chillin', Jive, Sire and Tommy Boy labels.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And finally, Russ Meyer R.I.P.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button