http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

"Take Back the White House" | A new Jadakiss/Anthony Hamilton heater | Records I bought last night 

New wax I copped last night that you might be able to hear at the Different Kitchen party tomorrow:

- Electro vibes courtesy of Cut/Copy featuring remixes by Chromeo, !!! and Zongamin.

- A used copy of the True Colors album by Tim Finn's ex-group Split Enz. This is an amazing-looking piece of wax (it's black vinyl but with crazy design images and lettering in the wax) including a sleeper no-wave cut called "The Choral Sea" that, I ain't gonna lie, I just got put up on by man Todd (aka DJ Mixed Greens) who played this as part of a killer set of rare disco, vintage techno, house and no-wave he did at Bar Below on Monday.

- "Then She's Got It" by Snoop & Soopa-Fly, B-side to "The Watcher Part III" from something called the Dre Theory album which is due out in August this year. Anyone know what's the deal on this?

- Get your Eski/Grime on with Wiley's "Wot Do U Call It?" (mp3 via Picadilly Records)

- And slightly old but I had to cop it: the Basement Jaxx remix of Missy's "4 My People."

- Plus I was glad to be able to finally get Dead Prez's slept-on classic debut single "It's Bigger Than Hip Hop" on wax without having to pay premium Ebay prices. I guess hearing it every week at the beginnning of Chappelle's Show finally got to me.

- The Grey Album on wax. Yeah I know what I said the other day, it's for a friend (Anousheh, I got you, you're good).

I'm also suddenly hearing about "Why" by Jadakiss & Anthony Hamilton from everyone. Is it the hottest jawn on the street as Hot 97 described it this morning?

And I can't front, I had to cop that Numark joint I mentioned yesterday while I was at the Lab last night: for $30 less than the Vestax jumpoff, I couldn't pass up on it. Diggin', incuding upcoming trips to the T.dot and the UK, will never be the same.

Just found out that Milo of Mo Ca$h is part of an online hip hop magazine called, appropriately enough, HipHopMag.com.

Blog alert: the underground post..., "rap and rap-related. politics of the business. spoonbills and other birds."

Looking for something to do tonight? There's a "Take Back the White House" Anti-Bush benefit in Brooklyn at Northsix: 66 N. 6th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn, (718) 599-5103. 8 p.m. On the bill: Nada Surf, Long Island "hip hop" PR darlings Northern State as well as a slideshow by the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players and a live auctions where you can bid for guitar lessons, tattoos and a "hipster" sailing trip (I kid you not, that's exactly how the email I was sent described that last item). Cost: $20.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button