http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Music Video: DayOneRap - MLK (BMF Remix) 



"I think I'm Malcolm X, Martin Luther..." - I LOVE this!

I never got around to posting Rick Ross' "BMF" track which is currently running the streets (and even more amazingly, the airwaves) this summer. Might still do it but then again, I have an issue with a song extolling the lives of notorious drug lords and gang leaders like the BMF founder, Demetrius "Big Meech" Flenory and Gangster Disciples leader, Larry Hoover of Chicago, especially one by a proven congenital liar (and former corrections officer) like Ross, no matter how good he may be in purely artistic terms.

On the other hand this track, from the upcoming The Declaration of Independence EP by new DC rapper, DayOneRap, I can ride with without any qualms whatsoever - political rap is back?

Labels:


AddThis Social Bookmark Button