http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 22, 2010

Jay-Z Tops the 2009 Village Voice Pazz and Jop Critics Poll 

Jay-Z,Pazz and Jop Critics Poll,Village Voice

The singles list, at least with nuevo New York anthem, "Empire of State of Mind." The albums list for those who care is HERE. But that's not why I posted this. The real reason is because I got selected to contribute to the poll this year. Here's my lists:

ALBUMS:
1. Ryan Leslie - Ryan Leslie
2. Maxwell - BLACKsummers'night
3. Wale - Attention Deficit
4. UGK - UGK 4 Life
5. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
6. Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Pt. II
7. Method Man & Redman - Blackout! 2
8. Masta Ace & Edo G - Arts & Entertainment
9. Torae & Marco Polo - Double Barrel
10. Ebony Bones - Bone of my Bones

SINGLES
1. Pill - Trap Goin' Ham
2. Lil Wayne feat. Young Money - Every Girl
3. Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart
4. Funkdoobiest - The Heavyweight Funk
5. Chelley - I Took the Night
6. Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind
7. Gucci Mane feat. Plies - Wasted
8. Mario feat. Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett - Break Up
9. Mariah Carey feat. Gucci Mane - Obsessed
10. Sade - Soldier of Love

And click HERE (then scroll down to the bottom of the page) to see me talking about Gucci Mane, Lil Wayne and Pill.

Now if I could only get my own f-cking home country to include me in their critics poll. Del, sort it out!

[At some point I'm gonna do some hip hop lists for 2009 and maybe the decade. That sh-t is just a lot of work though! I already did one version of the rap lists for my man, Rizoh's Hip Hop Critics' poll but I think I wanna do some edits to it.]

Labels: , , , ,


AddThis Social Bookmark Button