http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Rap Bloggers' Top Hip Hop Album Picks for 2009 

Raekwon

Or my best prediction of what they'll be at the end of the year based on buzz and how many posts I feel like I've seen for these albums so far:

1. Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx Pt. II

2. Drake - So Far Gone

3. Jadakiss - The Last Kiss

4. Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3

5. Fabolous - Loso's Way

6. Method Man & Redman - Blackout 2

7. M.O.P. - Foundation

8. Wale - Attention Deficit

9. Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon: The End of the Day

10. Mos Def - The Ecstatic


Wild cards: KRS-One & Buckshot - Survival Skills / Cam'ron - Crime Pays / Rick Ross - Deeper Than Rap / Marco Polo & Torae - Double Barrel

Major albums I have omited: Eminem's Relapse and UGK's UGK 4 Life. I might have misread the sentiment of the room but I really think a lot of my fellow blogger were not digging Em's comeback opus and that UGK's final album kind of passed a lot of folks by. I guess I'm omitting 50's joint too. Do bloggers still ride for 50 though?? I'm not so sure any more....

The only albums I could see getting in there in lieu of stuff I listed or conisdered wild cards are Detox and the Big Boi album but I don't really believe either of those albums are really coming out this year - do you?? Q-tip's album dropping next week could possibly be a dark horse contender too since he was the consensus best rap album pick from last year with The Renasissance, but I think Kamaal the Abstract might be too left-sounding for many heads even in the post-808/Kid Cudi-era we are in now. Agree? What else have I missed? Join the debate discussion below.

Now excuse me while I go watch President Obama try and save his healthcare reform efforts....

Labels:


AddThis Social Bookmark Button