http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weekend Bits N Pieces.... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Amy Winehouse image courtesy Dork Magazine

Get ready for a few of these kind of posts. Music that I overlooked in '06:

- Soulwax - "NY Lipps" MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download - "Funky Town" given a quick spit n polish. Kind of hard to go wrong with that, no?

- Tiga - "Louder than a Bomb" MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download - the Public Enemy track given a radical electro-synth/hip house overhaul to better-than-you-would-expect effect.

- Mstrkrft - "She's Good for Business" MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download - this is one of my favorite songs of last year. New readers probably don't know that I used to f-ck with this kind of music a lot. I'm still down to cover it now but others are more on top of it than me and do it better, frankly. (mp3's and more info on these groups and their albums via The In Crowd)

I'm also planning to do a wrap-up of my favorite joints from last year some time soon but probably nowhere near as comprehensive as I've done them in the past 'cos real talk: I don't think anyone really gives a f-ck about reading them anyway.

Now here's some more stuff (most of which) you probably don't need in your life:

First via HipandPop.com:

-
New Amerie snippets!!!

- Actually pretty good unreleased Britney Spears tracks.

The Pack online air hockey game.

Two Hungarian police officers doing the "Kid-N-Play Kickstep" (via Idolator)

Ridiculously thorough wrap-up of the best links from the past week at Oh Word. This cat makes my life a whole lot easier.

A brief history of streetwear.

Reviews of the Amy Winehouse shows in NYC that I was fronted on for comp tickets here and here. (related: MP3's of "Rehab", "You Know I'm No Good (feat. Ghostface)", the Hot Chip remix of "Rehab" and MORE here.)

While finally on a more somber note: Alice Coltrane - R.I.P. For info on her Elevation (rememberance) Service, click here.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button