http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Vintage Jeezy!!!! 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

How many of y'all know that the Def Jam release Thug Motivation 101 was not Young Jeezy's first album? Probably most of you, frankly. But for the rest of y'all, peep a couple tracks from his first double album Come Shop Wit Me released on his own Corporate Thugz Entertainment (CTE) imprint in 2003.

It's interesting to note how different his voice sounded on this album - kind of like a mix of Scarface and Trick Daddy with only brief flashes of the conversational style and ad-libs that have marked him as having one of the most distinctive but polarizing rhyme styles in hip hop today. Anyway, check it and let me know what you think....

"That's What Up" * [MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download]

"The Game" [MP3: YSI | zshare stream/download] - yo it's killin' me: what's that sample on this track - Tony Toni Tone (I don't think that's it though)?

On the interwebs: website | MySpace | Buy Come Shop Wit Me

(* The CD I copped these off didn't have track listings so I may be off on the track titles so corrections are appreciated 'cos I know there are cats out there who will know if I'm not on point here)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button