http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 03, 2006

Toggi's Icelandic Perfect Pop 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Gonna switch it up real quick. I've been going real hard with the hip hop the past couple weeks but long-time readers know that I like other kinds of music too but my work prevents me from keeping up on the other sounds like I used to.

Ironically however, it's through work that I came up on this next track I'm gonna post. My dude Bjarki from Iceland is someone I've known and been in contact with on and off for almost a decade now. He sent me a link to 3 tracks from a project he had engineered and (I think) maybe mixed too a couple weeks ago. When I played the tracks I was pretty impressed. Then he sent me the whole album and f-ck me if it wasn't just as good if not better than the first few joints he passed me. Seriously, if you f-ck with Coldplay, James Blunt or 2nd album era Travis then this is for you. Check it:

Toggi - "Sexy Beast" (alternate link: Zshare stream/download)

More: stream 2 other tracks (+ "Sexy Beast") at the official website | MySpace

Bonus: a cool acoustic indie pop cover of Justin Timberlake's "My Love" by Marit Bergman out of Sweden courtesy of them bols at Discobelle, of course.

Enjoy. We'll get back to the posts on Jim Jones, Game, Jay-Z and the like real soon but I might even go in on some electro sh-t in an upcoming post too!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button