http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 13, 2006

All Linked Out Monday.... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Only a few quick links. I've just about pimped out as much of Jay, Jim Jones, Game, Snoop and Nas as I feel I can get away with so I may switch directions for a while on the site unless some momentous tracks pop up and then ignore what I just said. BTW: still nobody come up on a nice Gomez Bros.-free version of "Black Republicans" yet??

The Pack "Vans (Ratatat re-edit)"

Diddy "Get Off (DJ Booman B'more remix)" - I linked one of this dude's remixes before. I'm not that big a fan of B'more club music really but I f-cks with this dude. Apparently I'm not the only one. His "Watch Out For the Big Girls" was a x-over B'more "hit" a while back. (alternate link: zshare stream/download | more: Booman MySpace | Buy Diddy's album)

Speaking of which... I'm normally mad suspect of these regional underground, niche subgenre musical "movements" like B'more club, baile funk and grime that get trumpeted by hipster mp3 bloggers and the Fader alike but I'm not mad at "Puto Prada" a kuduro (think: an Angolan version of Baile Funk) track spotlighted over at Discobelle a couple weeks ago.

Clipse e-card.

Godfather video game reebok sneakers.

Ghostface New Era fitted.

Man, snowboard season is almost here - maybe B-boys can take over that sport like they have started to the skateboarding scene. These Timberland workboot-inspired snowboard boots by Burton and ThirtyTwo would be a good look for them if they do.

Finally, to all my extreme internet mp3 diggin' nerds: about 6-8 mos. ago Hot 97 here in NYC was playing a (I think) mixtape-only or exclusive 50 cent track in their mixshows that interpolated large elements of the old 80's latin hip hop/freestyle classic "Don't Stop the Rock" by the group Freestyle. I have never been able to find this track or even get the name of it. Can anyone help me out on either count?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button