http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 01, 2006

"If Jay coming back then the world need Puff..." (!) 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Trust me, it was a lot easier to find cool images of Wayne than Joe for this post!

I know updates have been thin around these parts recently. That's life - I got hella work to do and personal issues I'm dealing with so new stuff will appear when I have time to get to it. That being said, I'm prolly gonna be around for most of the long weekend with no real plans so I'll try and knock out as much as I can before my girlfriend starts breakin' on me to pay attention to her instead.

Fat Joe feat. Lil Wayne "Make It Rain" - trust me, this Scott Storch banger is gonna be the next hot record in NYC once people get sick of the Jim Jones joint ("Ballin'!!!") running ish right now.

Crooked I "Say Dr. Dre" - when the good doctor spits this, it's gonna be a wrap! Dre, please please drop Detox already. (mp3 spotted via the mighty Nah Right)

In related news, the Dogg Pound's Cali Iz Active album is the best hip hop full length I've heard in a long while. Seriously. Check it: "Sittin' On 23z" (mp3 via the Dogg Pound website)

More related (maybe?): Game feat. Juice (who he?) "We Gorillaz" - the name dropper has his issues but who can front that he doesn't rip up this old Eric B & Rakim Juice soundtrack beat. The "1 Blood" video is kind of generic but I get the feeling his album might be a monster with or without Dre's help. (audio via HiphopGame)

NORE feat. Final Chapter "Go In" - this is giving me vague Just Blaze c. 2003-2004 vibes but, or because of that (?), I'm diggin' it nonetheless.

Diddy premieres the intro of his upcoming Press Play album on his MySpace page. Am I the only one who thinks it sounds like a pastiche of "Grammy Family" and "Hovi Baby" though? (spotted via Still Listen... | related: 50 cent disses Puff on "The Bomb" - if history serves us correctly, this must mean it's time for a new G-Unit album.)

2XL feat. E-40 "Kitty Kat" - the legendary Tommy Boy record label gets back into the hip hop game with this decent southern club banger.

And more Down South heat that'll prolly take over once cats get sick of Young Dro (not likely though since I hear his album is crazy?): Big Unk "Walk It Out"

Speaking of which, Discobelle has some Young Dro remixes here.

That's it for now, more coming time permitting....

AddThis Social Bookmark Button