http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations.... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lil Scrappy: next to blow (pause)?

The Game "One Blood (clean)" - admit it, haters, this is better than you were expecting. Now if he'd only stop name-droppping!

On the other hand....

Lil Scrappy feat. Young Buck "Money in the Bank" - G-G-G-G-Unit. C'mon don't front on this either, this record's crazy.

And in another case of greatly execeeding expectations:

Fonzworth Bentley "Since I Was 9" (mp3 via streetspace)

Fergie "London Bridge" - yo, I ain't gonna lie I LOVE this record. Seriously. Do I detect an M.I.A. influence in the chorus?

Troy Ave. "Rep It Wit My Heart" - NY finally admits defeat in the "war" for hip hop supremacy? This dude (signed to Def Jam) is from (I believe) BK but he sounds like he's from NOLA with this knockoff of Lil Wayne's "Hustler Musik"- WTF?! What exactly is he reppin' with his heart??

The De La Collection Volume 3.

How to make the T.I. "What You Know" beat.

Pharrell's new HP computer ad. His new album hit stores today (I think). Go get a copy... or something?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button