http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 22, 2006

"Ghost gets all the praises, and the rest of us get sh-tted on...." 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Any excuse to post a Nelly Furtado photo is a good excuse (see below).


The Pack "Vans" video trailer.

Method Man "dissin the sh-t out of Wendy Williams." Meth's just not a happy dude nowadays huh?

A record player made out of paper.

'Gangsta lit' poisons black audiences - discuss?

No links but here's a few tracks I love from some recently-released albums:

- Busta Rhymes feat. Stevie Wonder "Been Through the Storm" - his vocals on the chorus of this track almost sounds like classic era Stevie (by way of Anthony Allen?). I haven't heard him sound this good in years. BTW you know those beats Dre gave Busta would have sounded WAY better as part of the (now abandonded again?) Detox album. I can't exactly explain why, they just would have.

- Nelly Furtado "Showtime" - Loose has got to be one of the best albums this year. But then again, that's not saying much.

- JR Writer "Grill 'Em" - Dipset is still the most retarded and overrated movement ever but this track slowly took over the Hot 97 playlist (and my consciousness) during the past month or so. I got the album but I ain't peeped it yet. Yes, I still listen to Hot 97 (on and off). Sad I know....

And some news that I'm not sure has been covered in the media:

- the fantastic Sound Library record store in the East Village of NYC is supposedly set to close at the end of this summer. I've copped many a rare record and sold extra/unwanted inventory from my collection for a grip of paper to these guys. I've gone digital now but I was hoping to get some extra cash by selling some of my collection to these guys. Vinyl is really over if this beat diggers' haven is a wrap, man. Shed a tear.

- I'm hearing Dilated Peoples has been dropped by their record label but Little Brother are mad that they don't sell. They should be happy they still have a f-cking major label record deal after how that Minstrel Show travesty sold. Still got love for The Chitlin Circuit 1.5 though.

Buffie the Body Larger Than Life DVD. (related: new pics of Esther Baxter, the Jay-Z to Buffie's 50 cent in the video vixen game)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button