http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Word of Mouth, Word of South 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a quick one 'cos while I'm dog tired from being beat down at work this week and from some other more mundane domestic ish, I'm too wired to hit the sack straight away:

I really don't buy CD's any more as I've said before but I might have to ride for the Dixie Chicks
one more time for sticking to their guns. They may have more integrity than 99% of these so-called "real" rappers. But getting back to some rap sh-t....

Young Dro "Shoulder Lean" - I think it's gonna be tough for NYC to get back in the game when the South keeps spitting out new anthems like this one by T.I. protege Young Dro with seemingly no effort. (via Word of South)

Tru Life "This is the Life" - even when NYC drops heat like this. I mean will this hit in 2006?

And speaking of Roc La Familia (shout to my man, Ciph):

Hector Bambino "El Father" feat. Jay-Z "Here We Go Yo" - reggaeton might be in a creative slump right now but I'm kind of diggin' this joint.

And for the fellas:

Hush magazine.

Bonita magazine.

While finally, TONIGHT for my LA peoples: it's a backpack-stravaganza.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button