http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Every non-Native American on this continent has been Illegal since 1492? 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So says the poster in the first photo here.

Considering I'm not a native born American, it's probably surpising to some to find out that I don't really have much to say on the immigration issue that's swept the country though.

But I did think this poster I saw in one photograph from the news coverage seemed apropos: wanted for illegally crossing borders.

And I'm all for inclusiveness but am I crazy to say I understand why folks would be bent out shape about a Spanish language version of the National Anthem that (apparently) isn't just a faithful translation of the English language lyrics and is titled (in spanish) "Our Anthem" (emphasis added)?

But maybe Mexican president Vincente Fox has figured out how to solve the one-way immigration problem in one fell swoop.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button