http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"I base my foreign policy decisions on things I think are true. One, I believe there's an Almighty...." 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Mission Accomplished: pre-emptive endless war around the world is a go!


A couple weeks ago my man Skrybe emails me the following message:

"I'm an Army dude that peeps your blog out all the time. Anyways, I dunno if you caught the latest report that the Army's banning all body armor except their own, but that's a pretty big issue with a lot of us right now, considering how pitiful their body armor is. Point being, check this.

Apparently people within the military are trying to pull some games of their own to keep that money "in house." (aka: "Let's make sure the big armor deal goes to our good buddy Halliburton" or something along those lines) Just thought maybe you could use that."

Well thanks for that Skrybe. After reading that I decided that it's time I put up a few links that I've been sitting on that may give you pause about whether the GOP is really the party that supports a strong military and national security. After all, according to Bush and his peoples, our boys are gonna be in Iraq for a while. The least he can do is take of them while they're over there and when they come back.

Read on and decide for yourself:

- More on the army ban on self-bought body armor.

- Iraq war hero billed $700 for the body armor he was wearing when he lost his arm in a bomb attack - WTF?!!

- A Pentagon report says the US military is being stretched to its breaking point.

But the Pentagon has reneged on its offer to pay a $15,000 bonus to members of the National Guard and Army Reserve who agree to extend their enlistments by six years, according to Sen. Patty Murray (D-Seattle). (read more here)

I guess they figure between keeping the National Guardsmen and women in Iraq under false pretenses and against their will plus lowering standards to recruit old geezers, criminals, drug abusers and high school dropouts, they'll have more than enough troops to stay in Iraq for years and to invade Iran.

Still not convinced?

It's not just the generals, Iraq war vets think Bush is bogus.

And check the stats: Democrats vs. Republicans - the Military Service Records of various U.S. Politicians and Opinion Leaders

At least my peoples know what's up.

But to end: consider one vet's suggestion (in his obit) - "send acerbic letters to Republicans." Sounds like a (the start of) a plan to me.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button