http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 30, 2006

A King, A Prince and a Sha[h] 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
T.I.: king of a nascent hip house revival movement starting in ATL (maybe)?

I can't believe Prince only just got his first #1 album!!! Purple Rain, Sign O' The Times (on my top 10 albums of all time) or that album he gamed Soundscan with a couple years ago by giving it away on his tour never made it to the top? Nothin' in his catalog ever did - WTF???

T.I. - this "Why U Wanna" record from his brand new King album sampling Crystal Waters' "Gypsy Woman" is REDONKOLOUS, absolute f-ckin genius! I haven't heard it fully yet but the album's only getting middling reviews from what I've read and heard although it'll no doubt be next week's #1 album.

Clipse "Mr. Me Too" here (and here).

Lil Flip's new Be Fly sneaker line.

Dork's J*Davey vidcast.

I think they were better off on Jive! Is the Mobb done?

Why Are There Still No Female Producers?

More hyphy music links courtesy of the excellent Bay-orientated Nation of Thizzlam hip hop blog.

Finally shouts to Sha Money XL, who I met a couple nights ago and who turned out to be one cool-ass cat completely unlike what I would have expected from a G-Unit general , and muh'f-ckin' Pete Rock who I bumped into last night by total accident. Says he's working with Queen Latifah on a hip hop record (!) and more notably (to me, at least) De La Soul. Holy moley, the mind boggles at the possibility!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button