http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Jiggle It, Then Let It Go 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Kanye West feat. Twista & Keisha Cole "Impossible" (mp3 via HipHopDx) - Kanyevil continues to conquer the world. First music, now movies (and their theme songs).

Little Brother feat. Mos Def "Let It Go" - backpack goes Gangsta Griz-ills!! Regular readers know I am conflicted about this group but I can't front, this track is pretty (ninth) wonderful. (real audio link via HHG.com)

India Arie "I Am Not My Hair (Akon remix)" (Swizz Beats version) - these are both cool remixes but doesn't the Akon rerub sound like all his other recent collab remixes, notably my peoples the YoungBloodZ's "Presidential" remix while the drum loop on Swizzy's version sounds virtually lifted right off the Busta "Touch It" single he did. Am I buggin' here??

Young Leek "Jiggle It" - Baltimore club music finally escapes the hipster ghetto and gets set to go mainstream urban with the Def Jam major label co-sign?

T-Pain - “I’m Sprung Remix (feat. Dizzee Rascal) - I get it - throw a local MC on to appeal to a particular international market - but wouldn't Kano have been the logical (and better) choice for the UK? (mp3 via lemon red)

Sean really digs Kelis. As do them Dork boys.

And forget Red Monkeys, it's all about Al Quds - the Italian-designed "Muslim jeans."

But finally - Vinyl Addicts R.I.P.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button