http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Celebrate Life - Get Hyphy 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off top, respect due: R.I.P. Gordon Parks and Octavia Butler. At a minimum: you should know about Parks from Shaft and his work re-envisioning the legendary Ark Kane "Great Day in Harlem" photo shoot for a hip hop world.

But let's celebrate life by getting hyphy one more time. When you hear these:

E40 feat The Game & Keak Da Sneak "Tell Me When To Go (Remix)"

Sean T feat. The Hoodstarz "Do It Movin"

The Federation
"18 Dummy" - the orginal hyphy kings (happy now, Noixe?).

You've gotta do this:

Clip #1: stream | download

Clip #2: stream | download

Clip #3: stream | download

(more from the "Blow The Whistle" video shoot with apologies for the super lo-res clips - they were taken with my digital still camera.)

A week ago I was predicting a #1 debut for Forty-water's My Ghetto Report Card album next week but I actually didn't realize Juvie was dropping too this week too. I don't see him see him besting the "New Mayor of N'Awlins" as big as this hyphy ish is getting. Six words though: Too $hort, Snoop Dogg - Keep Bouncing (coming soon....)

Speaking of $hort Dog, check him featured on the new T-Pain "I'm N Luv (Wit A Stripper)" remix with Twista, Pimp C, MJG, Akon, Paul Wall and R. Kelly. Holy smokes - remix of the year already? BTW: Rappa Ternt Sanga = certified GOLD - respect my gangsta and the Teddy Penderazdoun movement! (note: registration may be required to access this mp3)

But while I and others keep helping to spread that good ole' internet buzz, the music industry decides to take a giant step backwards? One f-cking hit album and the labels are right back to their pre-2000 mindset? Peep more of the ig'nance here. Is the party over?

Finally: ATL - starring T.I., Big Boi? I can't front, this movie looks kind of great to me.

And 3/9/06: Remember B.I.G.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button