http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 10, 2006

"You A MySpace Gangsta...." 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Special "More Beef Than Smith & Wollensky" edition:

MTV Overdrive's Hovi & Nas interview here. (related: more from MTV.com here)

And Nas on Cam'ron from a forthcoming interview with him and Hov set to air on BET in the next couple of weeks:

"Some of these artists that come at artists have everything you could tear down in a rhyme. Just look at them. Just look at their appearance, look what they sound like, how they got in the game. The whole history of their existence in rap is a joke. I just don't understand the nerve of some of these dudes."

Looks like it could be a hot one, check for it soon.

But I can't keep up. If I've missed a couple more recent rounds in this 50-Game/G-Unit beef, throw the links in the comments section:

50 Cent "Not Rich, Still Lyin'" - a GREAT beat wasted on yet another useless beef record. (via BallerStatus)

The Game "240 Bars - Spider Joke" - dissin' G-Unit's Spider Loc (via Rome)

Young Buck & Spider Loc "Bitch Boy 2" - dissin' Game. (via Hiphopgame.com)

Nas "Jackin' for Beats 2006" - who's he dissin' on this joint? (via Joey)

I know he's the online (and real) hip hop world's favorite whipping boy but Benzino always gives good interview... as does his partner in crime Dave Mays.

Remy Ma
vs. her label, Fat Joe, Terror Squad, e'rybody.... (that last link is an mp3 download of Remy blasting off on the aforementioned list of folks on DJ Envy's Hot 97 radio show last Sunday that I coppped from Nah Right. I don't if it's the whole interview as I didn't download it myself, but I heard most of it live while I was returning some jeans at the Harlem USA store on 125th and just shook my head laughing the whole time.)

Stop Snitchin' & more mindless hip hop beef gone horribly awry.

And in the backpack world: MF Grimm "Book of Daniel" - dissing MF Doom. Percy's my man but I've no idea what this beef is about (?). (mp3 via Spine and F5 Records).

While even the pop acts are getting on the beef gimmick: Christina Milian "Wilds Out" on Nick Cannon - WTF?! I mean c'mon....

But to end on a more positive note though - props to Blake (aka MC Escher) for creating Flocabulary a website, that teaches school kids vocabulary using hip-hop. A nice reminder that hip hop can be a tool for good and not just a tool for negativity, needless violence, cheap publicity and acrimony. Black people, wake.the.fcck.up!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button