http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Big L Had Dat Piff.... 

stopsign

Thanks to Bol and Joey for the ridiculous number of referrals to my Jay Dilla post from their sites. The Broke B-Boys just added an excellent second Jay Dilla tribute post on their site too. But before the day is over, let's not forget another one of the best that ever did it who's also no longer with us: Big L. (related: Nah Right's Big L tribute)

Speaking of lost, great MC's, I know Biggie was ahead of his time in many ways but was this dude really rockin' camo BAPE wear all those years ago before his untimely passing or is this just some clever photoshopping?!

Video of Pharrell in the lab making a track called "Midnight Hour" - I can't wait to hear the finished version of that song (or is it out already?). (via Still Listen...)

More Lupe Fiasco mp3's.

Related:
Allhiphop.com interview with Lupe Fiasco. Sample lines from hip hop's "Great New Hope":

"At first, I didn't like Hip-Hop. You know, it was vulgar. It was demeaning, but not all of it. My father introduced me to Hip-Hop through N.W.A. so that was my first experience. He would be driving down the street like banging N.W.A., and I would be like tucked in the seats like ashamed, you know what I'm saying? When I started discovering like Fu-Schnickens, it was all kind of fun, M.C. Hammer or something like that...."

Cripes, are you telling me I'm old enough that I could be Lupe's dad?! (spotted via Hypebeast)

Meanwhile, why continue to help make Kay Slay and DJ Clue et al. rich buying all those supposedly "promotional use only" mixtapes when you can cop 'em all for free f'real right here?!

TTL Estoy Con Estupido - TurntableLab's new blog.

Ghetto Gold
- "Insights, flavors, contemplation on the pop sensation, knowing full well it takes a nation... The jump off for you coffee joint suckas, because you in way over your head, baby...."

And finally, like we do periodically, a bite round-up of some of the more interesting/funny links spotted recently at Boing Boing:

- Pirates of the Caribbean breakfast cereal.

- A musical-influences-mashed-up-with-the-London-Underground map.

- Race and science fiction writing.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button