http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 06, 2006

Still Strictly Built? 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The many moods of the Chef. Welcome back to the kitchen, Rae.

Looks like I got a few backs up with my recent post about the Snap Music movement. I wish SOHH Blogs had at least thrown me a litle credit when they ran a very similar post to mine just a few days after linking to me in their Blog front page's Hot Topics section though. And as for the naysayers on Soulstrut, it's gotta be killing y'all, huh?

Related:

- D4L speaks on Dem Franchize Boyz - I know some of y'all could give a fidduck about these two groups but I'm gonna bang y'all on the head with this anyway, LOL.

- Jamie Foxx - I finally got his full joint on my ipod and can see why it's blowing out of stores. The last time I heard a mainstream male R&B album this good, it was a kid named Usher. 4-5 mil in sales easy if my instincts are worth anything at all and J plays this right.

BTW: play the Collipark-produced "Warm Bed" from his album and recall this line I wrote: "There's probably a cute girl somewhere who could sing some sexy nothings over a "Snap&B" beat and ride it to the top of the pop charts..." Ok, he wasn't exactly what I had in mind for a cute girl (n/h) but this is pretty much the first "Snap&B" record out the gate as far as I'm aware. Y'all can fight this if you want but this Snap movement is a go even if this is just gonna last through this upcoming spring and summer. Lean back, rock with it....

I've been slacking on the mp3 linkage but here's some new heaters some of which y'all may have already heard:

- Rick Ross "Hustlin'" (stream | download) - the next Jeezy? This is the hottest record in FL right now. Dude allegedly just signed to Atlantic joining Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Webbie & the crew over there so expect big things from him and also check for his joint with Dre called "Chevy Riding High" that getting love in the FLA too. (mp3 links via Hiphopgame.com & 305DJs.com)

- Or is Jody Breeze the next Jeezy still? "Fast Forward (feat. Freeway)"

- Raekwon "Range Rover" - FLAVA! Could Cuban Links II live up to the advance hype (or is it all about Fishscale still)?

- Rhymefest feat. Kanye West "More" (reg. may be required to access mp3) | "Dynomite" - I hope this kid isn't gettting eclipsed by Lupe Fiasco cos he's killin' that dude in the pure talent and songwriting stakes. It feel like the buzz and momentum has been swinging away from my man 'Fest recently though (?). BTW: Just Blaze fccking KILLED the production for the beat on that second track though - holy smokes.

There's no need for me to comment on the "Lazy Sunday" (aka "Chronicles of Narnia Rap") web phenomenon when it's already been covered really thoroughly, right?

But should I still care when a new Massive Attack album drops?

Steve Spacek vs. 9th Wonder and Justus League? BTW: who's going to the Sa-Ra show next week?)

Finally, some good sh-t via the always reliable Boing Boing:

- Walmart's search engine racist? Are you really even surprised by this?

- A pretty funny Tivo-related practcial joke.

- Coldplay gets cold played by their record label Capitol with their new CD. (related: Note to labels who service me with albums: do NOT send me CD's with copy protection that prevents me from ripping them to my ipod or with voice over's all over the audio that's meant to discourage copying cos that sh-t is really irksome and I will straight bin these joints from here on out. A special FUCK YOU goes out to BabyGrande for being an especially flagrant offender on the latter charge even though Chuck is still my man.)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button