http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I tried to talk some sense in 'em.... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Diamonds are forever? Not in Sierra Leone. Click here for more. (Image courtesy UN.)

"I'ma be posting pretty regularly over the next week or so because I have a TON of backlogged links and post ideas I wanna get out before the end of the year and, while I'm off work, actually have some time to post them...."

Wishful thinking subverted by actually having to hang out with my friends and family during the holidays. S'funny how that works. Good to be back home in the T.dot but, Toronto - WTF?! That ish should be called the T.Gat now. It's really sad. My peoples, get your minds right - this rap sh-t is entertainment:

- Bling: Consequences and Repercussions - a new documentary short by Kareem Edouard that tackles the issues behind Hip Hop's obsession with diamonds and the continued illegal diamond trade in Africa. Download it for your video ipod here or your PSP here.

- GREAT interview with M1 from Dead Prez - I CANNOT WAIT for the new Dead Prez album. RBG was a masterpiece but I'll take a solo joint from my man in the meantime.

- Respect to the rock group Living Things for getting thrown out of the Viper Room for all the right reasons. Republicanism in music and entertainment in general is an ugly trend. Check out their dirty, politically tinged glam rock 'cos it's aight.

- Hot 97's Miss Jones Hasn't Learned A Thing - when is this broad gonna finally get fired? Seriously...

Now the frivolous stuff:

- Tropicana Fruit Smoothies - my new addiction. I swear I guzzle at least 3 or 4 of these a week after work. I've been killing the Strawberry Banana joints for a while but just started fccking with the Tropical Fruit flavor in the last couple weeks which is also crazy.

- Chad Hugo's house remix of Pharrell's "Can I Have It Like That." (also here, just in case)

- Guy, En Vogue, BBD and Keith Sweat all live in concert together? HELL to the YES! (thanks for the heads up, DivaLeo)

- Downloads from Wu-Tang's Live-with-Band Session for XM Radio.

- As one door closes, another one opens - PIMP C FREE!

- Chrysler's neo-retro Challenger - I could see this blowing up. I've been saying for the past few months that this will be the next wave in modern car design - updating classic car designs with cult followings like BMW did with the Mini. When they do a modern-but-faithful take on a new version of the Chevy Impala lowriders or classic Caddies that are all over the streets in the South, it's gonna be a wrap!

And finally:

- 50 cent's manager Chris Lighty is now a blogger? Now that gets a triple WTF?! People, you won't believe me, but I am (indirectly) responsible for this very unexpected turn of events but I won't bore you by getting into how but maybe this guy will. Didn't Hashim call this one a while back? Pay attention though 'cos this dude is 20 years deep in the game. Way before he got with Fitty or the young Curtis Jackson was even hustling on the block, Chris was bringing you the groups you really feel that made you fall in love with this music so if you want the f'real, f'real on hip hop and the industry instead of the ramblings of a bunch of nerds hiding behind their PC's who've read Jeff's book and now think they're experts, get familiar.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button