http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 19, 2005

Kelis Boss'n Up! 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Why is this woman not as big as Gwen Stefani yet (in America, that is)?

Readers who've recently joined the DK movement and look forward to copping Kanye bootlegs and Paul Wall, Juelz Santana and Young Jeezy mp3's from this site on a regular basis have probably been dimayed over the past few days to see all the political and news posts. But OG readers know this site used to do equal time between these two areas.

With the Bush administration imploding rapidly (I hope) and my work load slowing down a little as the year comes to an end, expect things to veer back more in that direction at least for a little while. But after a weekeend OD-ing on coverage of the spy scandal (which I'm gonna get back to again in a minute), let's jump into some music ish for a minute to break things up.

Yo, Mary J Blige covers U2's "One" on her new The Breakthrough album (with Bono?). It's kind of meh but that's still a great song. On the other hand "I Found My Everything" from the album is faux-vintage soul nirvana. Not sure how I feel about the album overall though. It's kind of all about the Keyshia Cole album nowadays really, isn't it?

Random rap nerds peep the mp3 blog The Rookie.

And peep the Vinyl Addicts' Tim Dog interview - no kidding, I still play "F-ck Compton" and "Step to Me" anywhere I feel I can get away with it when I DJ.

New Bathgate interview - Bath's single from earlier this year, "Everything's A Go (The Flow)," released on my Supreme Clientele label looks like it's set to be featured in the Xbox 360 edition of the Saint's Row video game. (related: cop the single here)

Info on Kelis' new album tentatively titled The Puppeteer. Long time readers know how I felt about her last album Tasty which was HIGHLY slept on. (related: Kelis' new single "Bossy" feat. Too Short)

Franz Ferdinand look to Amerie for songwriting inspiration- why does that headline get me excited (n/h) to peep their next album even though I pretty much passed on checking out the current one after being unimpressed with the first few tracks I heard? They should get Rich Harrison to produce some tracks f'real - that ish would be bananas.

I didn't bother reading this personally but apparently this Rolling Stone article is a very thorough and solid overview of the still-unsolved Biggie murder case. (related: HipHopDx's interview with Biggie's mom, Ms. Voletta Wallace)

The Chappelle Theory

ipod hoodies - er, what?!

Bape Finder (via Freshness)

And more sneaker ish: The new Nike Considered Mid - b-boy and mod aesthetics collide! "That blue and cream colorway?! So Tony Starks, it's crazy! N--gaz don’t even know this stuff. Word is bond I’ma rock n--gaz next summer if I cop a pair of these. Yo son, I'm having crazy visions...."

And finally, getting into the holiday spirit:

- Stones Throw Records and Peanut Butter Wolf present a mp3 downloadable holiday megamix.

- Via Nadreams and funnier than a muh': Santa's MTV's Cribs episode (BTW, can anyone help me figure out how to get videos like this onto my ipod? I can play it in itunes but can't drag-and- drop it into my ipod and it throws up an error dialog box when I try to convert it into an AAC (?) file.)

Man, I can't believe Christmas is like five days away. I haven't bought one gift yet and nann Christmas cards. Work has turned me into the Grinch.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button