http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 19, 2005

" I know this war is controversial...." 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Bush: "You gotta believe me, we can win this Iraq war thing... I have a plan f'real now. I swear!"

Transcript of Bush's Iraq speech last night here.

Post title above = understatement of the year. So were you buying the same ole' Bag o' Bullsh-t dude was selling? Should I believe my eyes and what I read in the news reports out of Iraq and Afghanistan (remember that place?) everyday or his lying mouth?

Think Progress asks: if there are, as President Bush claims, "More than 125 Iraqi combat battalions fighting the enemy [with] more than 50 taking the lead … and we have transferred more than a dozen military bases to Iraqi control," why are there still 153,000 American troops in Iraq, as many as there have ever been? Why can’t 125 battalions replace a single American soldier?

Man, Buck Fush.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button