http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Thinking Differently About Hip Hop 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Nas feat. Lauryn Hill "It Wasn't You" - I'm currently obsessed with this song (as well as a new Donnell Jones record that I'll post later this week). S'funny though, as much as I love Lauryn, I actually think Nas's wife Kelis could have done more justice to the chorus on this song than her. (via HHG)

Download the follow-up to the popular Clipse Got it for Cheap mixtape via them Shrimp Boys.

Unreleased Roots/Project Pat - an unlikely pairing that should have made it onto the Phrenology album IMHO. It would have made sense to save this one for my "Southern Takeover, Part II" post coming next week, but I got plenty more in the chamber for that. More underground/mainstream hip hop pairings is what this music needs right now. Things are getting too stratified and predictable. My man Chuck is already thinking (differently) along these lines. (via Young Catch)

Marley/Biggie "Hold Your Head" - not actually terrible but why do I feel like this upcoming Biggie Duets album is gonna be a straight graverobbing exercice?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button