http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 20, 2005

A! Get On The Grind Like Clockwork 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We gon' start off heavily Dipset-orientated (sic) today:

- Juelz Santana "Clockwork" - based on what I've heard so far, I think dude's album might be incredible.

- Cam'ron "Do Your Thing" - does this remind anyone else of Scarface's Kanye-produced "My Block" from a couple years back? (mp3 link via HHG)

Most of y'all have probably seen this already but just in case, here's a clip of a 17-year-old Notorious B.I.G. freestyling live on the block in Bed-Stuy. (via A Blog Soup)

HipHopColony.com - the African hip hop movement keeps growing (link via Didi M)

DJ Rasta Root's Best of A Tribe Called Quest mixtape - kind of hot. Props to my Spitkicker fam-a-lam. (heads up via my man Sledge)

Bapeonline.com (link spotted via Rome)

The Dirty Awards (link spotted via Fresh)

Mister Cartoon's limited-edition T-Mobile Sidekick II.

Cassette tape memories.

And while on the nostalgia tip, here's an incredible gallery of scans of punk and new wave LP and single covers. (via Boing Boing)

Model railroad hoods.

The Jarhead movie trailers featuring "Jesus Walks" are ridick. This movie looks kind of crazy - is this gonna be the Platoon for the new millenium?

I didn't cop the Yayo album even though I liked the "So Seductive" single (should I have?) but is G-Unit really over? It's not just The Source dumpin' on 'em either based on what I'm hearing. Even my artist peoples are killin' 'em on some "I'ma be happy to kick them n-ggaz on they way down" type ish too. Is G-Unit struggling that badly or is this pure hateration in effect?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button