http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 25, 2005

From "Paid In Full" to "Go Ignant" - what's the game been missing? 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Is Juelz Santana what the game's been mssing?

Check out interviews with my man Bathgate, Jae Millz and Boyz N Da Hood at new (?) hip hop site Crack Audio.

Am I High? gets very Neptunes-orientated (sic).

Marley and Premo together on one mixtape? Truly Legendary Status. Props to the Cornerstone crew for making this happen - can't wait to hear it.

Beastie Boys acapellas for doing your own remixes. (spotted via Boing Boing)

Official site for the, what looks to be excellent, book Rakim Told Me.

I'm also about a third of way through the paperback of Toure's Soul City novel that Picador Books was kind enough to send me a couple weeks ago. I can't say I'm loving the absurdist black boho-meets-hip hop world he's created in this novel, but I have to admit it's some original (?) ish from the limited scope of my novel reading experiences. Plus points for all the great (but almost-verging-on-coonish) character names he comes up with too. More on this after I finish the book if the story picks up and I'm up to writing more about it.

Get hyphy with The Mossie's new track "Go Ignant" feat. E-40 and The Federation.

Finally, my current guilty pleasure record of the moment: JD feat. Dem Frachize Boyz' "Oh I Think Dey Like Me" from his underrated recent compilation album Young, Fly & Flashy.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button