http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 23, 2005

Win a Pair of Custom Nike Dunks Designed by Different Kitchen... 

Or at least the chance to.

You've probably already seen this on some of the other sites you may read. I am one of 20 cats Nike approached to design sneakers to promo their NikeiD customization program through an online contest. Please support and help me win (and ask any of your sneaker-appreciating friends to do the same) by voting for my design.

If I win (which is a long shot as I'm way behind in the voting right now) I get to give my friends and website readers 100 free pairs of sneakers. The contest ends June 3rd (not tomorrow, May 24th, like I may have told some of you in an earlier email) and you can vote once a day which is not too burdensome in the grand scheme of things, right?

If I can pull out a come-from-behind victory to beat the current leader Fat Laces, I'll try to hook up as many of my peoples and readers as I can with a pair of the "Different Kitchen Dunk" sneaker. Again, folks can vote for it by clicking here and I've even added a handy link in the sidebar at left to make daily voting even easier for you to do.

Thanks and remember to vote today and every day until June 3rd. Make it a part of your daily routine like brushing and flossing!

Off to see Common tonight. For those who didn't get tickets or are seeing him tomorrow, check out DJ Lt. Dan at Roxy's do at Sway instead. (And BTW the DVD bonus disc that comes with the Be album is pretty decent as far as those kind of things go. He addresses the Erykah issue and those infamous crocheted pants (n/h). You also get interview segments with Kanye, footage of Com doing "The Corner" live plus more behind-the-scenes ish.)

(UPDATE: night owls, go meet Com at the Music Emporium Record Store at 286 Flatbush Ave., between 7th Ave. & Prospect Place, for a special in-store and record signing apperance TONIGHT. Wow, no Virgin Megastore action on release night? Repsek to Rashid for keeping it all the way 'hood.).

Or, if you ain't got or couldn't get tickets for the second show tomorrow night, check out this release party/show for the Freestyle movie instead:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My peoples are working this DVD project but let me be clear, like the Just For Kicks movie I mentioned seeing at the Tribeca Film Festival a couple weeks back, this film is essential viewing for afficianados of true hip hop. The Style Wars of freestyle & battle MC-ing culture is not far off in terms of being an accurate description. Peep the website for more details.

BTW, also check me out opening for the Da Beatminerz who are spinning at the next Good Foot party at the Knitting Factory on June 2. Click here for more details. I'll be plugging this again closer to the date (and Mr. Walt, get well soon).


AddThis Social Bookmark Button