http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Tuesday Brooklyn Bagel Break 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But what is Shay gonna do now?! N*E*R*D Split

"Mr Nice Guy" - Will Smith's Eminem dis record. I'm a fan of Will Smith the entertainer (more so than as just an MC) but I don't think Marshall will be losing any sleep over this one. Here's a phrase I never thought I'd be using on this site: worse.than.Benzino.

Lebron = sick! (or is the CGI on this just crazy?) (via Malcolm F.)

"The Most Dangerous Gang in America"

Just in time for March Madness - 15 Reasons Why I hate Duke.

I'm feeling the concept of a black Kojak (complete with "In Da Club"-esque drum breaks lacing the official website splash page and a Tweet theme song - whoa!), but is Ving Rhames that hard up for work that he has to do a TV series?

Speaking of TV though, The Wire is a go for another season which is reason enough to keep my HBO subscription and continue over paying for digital cable very month.

Help defend bloggers' rights to keep their sources confidential .

Femmixx.com - an online community for female hip hop producers. (spotted via Can I Bring my Gat?)

"Why do schools care about your son's braids more than they care for his grades?" - evidence that Black and hip hop culture will always be a threat to mainstream society no matter how successful hip hop becomes. (via Straight Bangin')

Cassidy's album cover?


Nerve-ana - Your worst "I Love the 90's" VH1 nightmare come to life.

"Jesus on the Half-Pipe" - kind of apropos with Easter coming and Spring already here.

Finally, fcck the MTA for going after the new bagel shop (above) that recently opened up just down the block from my crib. They need to stay focused on getting a fair market price for the West Side Train Yard rather than giving it away to the NY Jets in a sweetheart deal. That way they wouldn't have to keep jacking up the subway fare every year. Plus I can't tell you how heated I am looking at those cornball "Candidate City" NYC olympic bid decals that Bloomberg has slapped on all the subway cars recently. I'm riding with Lance on this one if that West Side stadium is a deal-breaker. (bagel shop link via Nadine S.)


AddThis Social Bookmark Button