http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 17, 2005

All Hail "The Bay Area Mixtape King"? 



Is Balance the Northern Cali T.I.? You decide...:

- Welcome To Cali
- Go Hard ft Game, Lloyd Banks, and 50 Cent
- Hustler
- Palm Trees, OG's, and Gangstas
[Be kind, right click and save]

More info on son via Triple Beam Tilt. Quietly, he might be better than Game and the real savior of the West.(Thanks, Rawj)

Great minds think alike?

The best line from the Diplo quote in the Sasha post linked above: "I [represent funk (ball?) music] cause I love it, not because its cool or making me rich. Remember: I bought a ticket to Rio just to buy mix CDs over a year ago because I didnt (sic) know how else to get them...." Dude, if you're buying tickets to Rio, period, you're already rich or at least very comfortably well off!

Mos Def in the film version of the classic cult book Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (click the Amazon.com link for the real trailer)

Nas "Talk of New York" - why was this not on Streets Disciple? Absolute sickness!

I'm posting this a couple days late but Jeff Chang's promo tour for his book Can't Stop, Won't Stop hits NYC and is tighter than for some major label artists with albums about to drop. I haven't copped it yet cos my paper's mad short right now and I'm way behind on my reading anyway, but I checked it out at the bookstore last weekend and it looks crazy.

"You really described my life, like, I really used to be in the mall when other rappers were in the streets: trying on stuff, putting stuff on layaway, looking for girls." Kanye and John Mayer in the lab - be very afraid. (spotted via Young Rome)

Throwback culture for indie kids? Classic Sports Logos (spotted via world champion)

"We see this game as a sort of education" - a Monopoly-style weed growing board game has been pulled from the New York Toy Fair

mp3's from Big Pooh's Sleepers album (via Freemotion)

The future? Mixtape.com presents "the first ever Digital Hip-Hop Record Pool." (heads up on the link from Kim, thanks)

The past... lots of buttery old school Common goodness via The Broke BBoys. (related: here's the official links to the new Common single "The Corner" - real | windows)

And speaking of the past, it gets no better - amazing old school polaroids via D-Nice.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button