http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 24, 2005

Weekend Snowed-In Wrap-Up Edition 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You get a lot of blogging done when the weekend weather snows you in.

The Times went iPod crazy this weekend:

- iPod loading service

- iPod jacking

- iPod mishaps

Get off Steve Jobs' nuts, yo.

Red Hook Brooklyn's master baker Keira Cannon.

False Crack - is that crack (thanks for the link-up).

In Over My Head likes a lot of the same music I do.

I've always kind of dug Cool'eh magazine even though they hardly ever publish. I just copped the latest one (issue #3) free from TTLab. Check out their take on the Best of 2004. I promise this is the last one I'll post now that it's almost the end of January (maybe).

I'm also diggin' the "lounge soul" of the first (?) single "Come to Mama" and "I Am" from Lina's forthcoming Inner Beauty album.

And I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked American Idol's "villain" judge Simon Cowell because at least he semeed to know what he was talkin' about as far as that pop sh-t went, but he played himself crazy with his recent comments about Beyonce and Ashlee Simpson. B not sexy and can't sing? WTF?! That's why I'll be stickin' to Ghetto Idols from now on.

Props to Ice Cube.

Greg Tate set it off a couple weeks back with his article about hip hop at 30. Now his contemporary Nelson George jumps into the fray with a look back at hip hop's development and "25 moments that defined the music." (via Jeremy P.)

Finally, Donovan or Tom? I gotta go Eagles personally....

AddThis Social Bookmark Button