http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 07, 2005

Grown Man Talk... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Grown Man Talk? - the debate rages on...

I feel ridiculous posting on hip hop today after everything that's gone down in the real news during the past couple days, but I need a minute to digest and read up on it all and I've been too swamped with other stuff to get to it. Linking up a few mp3's and news stories about hip hop artists embarassing themselves again is a lot easier to throw up quickly. That being said....

... is mainstream hip hop finally showing signs of maturity?

Semi-related: plenty of debate here, here and here (and probably elsewhere - you know, check the usual suspects) on that Greg Tate article I linked up Wednesday and threw my cursory support behind. I guess I better read it more carefully and make sure I'm standing on firm ground when I say I agree with Tate.

Mp3's via hiphopgame.com:

- Fat Joe "Once Again It's The Incredible" - the NEW hottest record on the streets of NYC (sorry, Cassidy).

- The Game & Tony Yayo "I'm Runnin'" - you hear that f-cking beat? Holy smokes!

- The Game & 50 Cent - "Envy Me" - dude had me nervous for a while when, after I endorsed him early as one set to blow, he started dropping a lot of semi material on the mixtape circuit, but who ain't coppin' this album after hearing these two joints and the bangers that have already dropped?!

Peep J-Lo "Get Right" (real | Quicktime | win hi lo) vs. Usher "Ride" that I mentioned weeks ago. What's really good with this? Isn't this the second time Usher's been in the middle of a mess like this? (mp3 links via Sony Music & Usherforever.com)

Fabolous "Baby" might be the gayest mp3 link I've put up in weeks but I can't front, I like this song a lot. (mp3 via Tower Records)

Every Sunday starting this weekend: my man D-Nice w/ my next girlfriend (I wish) Beverly Bond at Table 50 (even though it's not on their schedule webpage for some reason?!). Doors 10pm, RSVP here.

And this coming Monday - Los Quatro Quesos.

But if your paper's short, try to save it for the Tsunami Relief Benefit at Joe's Pub on Wednesday. (Or just donate via any of the links here.)

I guess the BAPE store in Soho probably won't be carrying Pharell's BBC clothing line like that New York article I linked to Wednesday claimed after all.

Gutter New Jeruz hip hop flavor from Outthere and the Kat Klaw Productions crew.

If you check the sidebar, you may have noticed I've sold out to the man. Hey, I figure if I'm spending time on this site, I might as well make some paper doing it. Be clear: advertisers are welcome. Email me for details, rates are dumb cheap.

This weekend (hopefully): the year-end singles wrap-up (before it's totally irrelevant). Y'all see how much new heat is already dropping barely 1 week into 2005....

AddThis Social Bookmark Button